Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Back at blogging, for the common good?

Starting a new habit?

Nowadays, I'm always hesitant to start a habit or custom, which I'll have to continue. Should I waste precious time on trying to do hip-hop, keep up the guitar skills, run again? Things like spending more time with Danielle on short trips is never a doubt; but time again lets me down, or more correctly, I haven't made the time.

Still, I thought I'll start publishing things written, said or done that might have a use for anyone out there.

Just last Sunday, I was at NSCCCS (http://www.answers.com/topic/nscccs) talking on Proverbs 8-9. The youth are always a joy to meet. They have a great bunch of leaders as well. I felt like the father in the proverbs, who'd luckily found an attentive, wise, young man to bore.

Here's the Link: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df75wq87_9hgnm69

I loved preparing for this, God's wisdom is made for us living in this world. Not only is it relevant, His wisdom goes beyond just getting by in this world: it, through Jesus, sets me up for eternity. But most of all, His Wisdom is best shown in the whole life, death and resurrection of Jesus, and it is astounding. I didn't make much of this in the talk though, there wasn't enough time.

BTW, David Atkinson's commentary from the BST series is very nice.

No comments: