Thursday, March 13, 2008

Our blessed NSW government

I know that God tells us clearly from the new testament that Christians should obey our government. More than that, we are to serve them well, pray for their governance, administration of justice and regulation of society as they are representatives of God's government of our world.

When I travel on Epping Rd everyday, I find it really hard to give much thanks for our NSW government. Yes, the likes of Sartor, Iemma, previous transport ministers, previous Premiers, the whole Labour contingent. I have no problems obeying, of course I pray for them, that they would come clean, stop graft, do some frigging honest planning without rubbing each others' backs or filling in each others' pockets. I honestly hope they fear God, because every check they sign, every meal they have, every conversation within their party or privately with constructers, building companies, water desalination planters, every single corporate rep... every single thing they do will be brought to light on Judgment Day and they will have to give an account.

Why are our earthly masters often such smooth talkers, slick promoters and often greedy pretenders? Jesus and Paul warned us of these sorts, within the church, in our world and of course in our governments. I'm so thankful for any decent leader out there, because they make our jobs as godly conscientious citizens a joy.

Just to finish off on the injustice of Epping Rd. Our government is so dumb as to reduce 3 functional lanes to 1 in order to divert us into tolled-tunnels. We have a widened foot path on either side, on which not even bikes can go on (someone correct me on this)? What a crock.

I'll write something on the Royal North Shore Hospital head-rolling farce another night.

No comments: